Watch the suggested tip amounts at Red Lobster

My wife and I recently eat dinner at the Red Lobster on Route 31 in Clay, NY where I found the suggested tip amounts to be calculated wrong. These dollar values were over inflated substantially (percentage wise) and this was not an isolated incident as I have receipts from several transactions.

The suggested tip amounts were based on a bill of $37.87 therefore the tips should have been:

20% = $7.57 although the suggested tip amount = $9.73

18% = $6.82 although the suggested tip amount = $8.76

15% = $5.68 although the suggested tip amount = $7.30

I have attached a picture of the bill as evidence.

This review is a subjective opinion of a user.

More Review Details

Helpful? 1 Yes 1 0 No 0
Had the same issue 0 Yes 0
Comment as anonymous As anonymous or Log in
OR Is it your business? Respond to your
customers as verified company representative.
Apply for a Free Plan

Apr 09 #1142181

Most restaurants now cheat on their "suggested tip" calcs. Do your own math and only tip on the before tax total.

0 0 Reply

Mar 18 #1129777

Yep, you are right. Their calculations are wrong. Let's hope it is a technical error. It doesn't matter to me as I don't look at the recommended tip portion on the bill, because I always tip 30-35% for good to great service. Servers make about $2.13 an hour and depend on tips to pay their bills. If I can't afford to tip, then I can't afford to dine out.

0 0 Reply
Great comment! Would you like to convert it into review?

You will be able to edit the text before publishing.

× You are about to contact

Review submitted through "Contact Us" will not get published on the site or forwarded to Red Lobster. However, many companies do monitor reviews on our site.

You were reading a complaint about Red Lobster.
Filing a new complaint about