Watch the suggested tip amounts at Red Lobster

32 of 81 Red Lobster reviews

My wife and I recently eat dinner at the Red Lobster on Route 31 in Clay, NY where I found the suggested tip amounts to be calculated wrong. These dollar values were over inflated substantially (percentage wise) and this was not an isolated incident as I have receipts from several transactions.

The suggested tip amounts were based on a bill of $37.87 therefore the tips should have been:

20% = $7.57 although the suggested tip amount = $9.73

18% = $6.82 although the suggested tip amount = $8.76

15% = $5.68 although the suggested tip amount = $7.30

I have attached a picture of the bill as evidence.

This review is a subjective opinion of a user.

More Review Details

Had the same issue 0 Yes 0
32 of 81 Red Lobster reviews
Comment as anonymous As anonymous or Log in
OR Is it your business? Respond to your
customers as verified company representative.
Apply for a Free Plan

Apr 09 #1142181

Most restaurants now cheat on their "suggested tip" calcs. Do your own math and only tip on the before tax total.

0 0 Reply

Mar 18 #1129777

Yep, you are right. Their calculations are wrong. Let's hope it is a technical error. It doesn't matter to me as I don't look at the recommended tip portion on the bill, because I always tip 30-35% for good to great service. Servers make about $2.13 an hour and depend on tips to pay their bills. If I can't afford to tip, then I can't afford to dine out.

0 0 Reply
Great comment! Would you like to convert it into review?

You will be able to edit the text before publishing.