map-marker Muskogee, Oklahoma

I bought a gift card a couple weeks ago for $50 for my friend. Period. He went to red lobster the week after I bought it. The red lobster store where he would shop is closed. They didn't respond

I bought the gift card. The person cannot use it because that store is closed. Red lobster has not called to resolve the issue. Refund the money.

User's recommendation: Don't trust red lobster if they can't refund my money

Nancy F Xpj

| map-marker Hamburg, New York

Food quality & customer service

Red Lobster - Food quality & customer service
Red Lobster - Food quality & customer service - Image 2
Red Lobster - Food quality & customer service - Image 3
Red Lobster - Food quality & customer service - Image 4
Original review Apr 25, 2024

I ordered two lobster lover dreams for pick up, took them back to the house opened up the container, the lobsters burned or spoiled not sure which, after such a large purchase, I cannot wrap my head around how the preparer of that food had the audacity to put that into that container.

I do have pictures of this as not to make this stuff up and cannot be more astonished at the quality of food that came out of red lobster yesterday. I called red lobster today.

My first chance I could get to and got a manager that was absolutely useless and condescending. I am 60 years old. I refuse to be spoken to like a child and that is exactly what she did. She knew she was wrong.

She wouldnt give me her name. There are plenty of restaurants to eat at and plenty to choose from.

Ive been a loyal red lobster customer for over 25 years. and I am appalled at the way this establishment has gone downhill.

Loss:
Pros:
  • Convenient location
Cons:
  • Food quality terrible customer service was even worse

Preferred solution: Full refund

User's recommendation: Don’t depend on good quality food and don’t depend on any customer service. It’s not there.

Teandre Tvc

Did you return the food? She is not required to give her name, but to get a refund, you should return the food.

reply icon Replying to comment of Teandre Tvc

How could a manager not be required to give her name? There are in customer service!

What are they 10 years old? The manager is the face of the business and if they can't give their name and so customer problems maybe they'll move along or find something else to do.

Teandre Tvc
reply icon Replying to comment of Guest-2522515

The only one acting like a ten year old is the OP. They want a refund for food they did not return.

If they don't want to give their name they don't have to. Actually, the OP is behaving more like a six year old than a ten year old.

Trying to get your food that you ate refunded because you cannot afford to pay for your meal is not a reason for her to move on. This person needs to return the food for a refund, or better yet GET A JOB, so they do not need to scam for free food.

reply icon Replying to comment of Guest-2522515

Employees are hesitant to give names because there are way too many lunatic customers out there. Also, why would you not immediately return the $125 worth of food for a refund or replacement? Truth is, you know you ate but now want your money back and/or free food.

View more comments (3)
Charro T

| map-marker Inglewood, California

Terrible customer service

Red Lobster - Terrible customer service
Red Lobster - Terrible customer service - Image 2

It was Jan 2, 2024 @ 6p.m. Usually I dont have complaints about Red Lobster and I dont even eat there all of the time.

But last night was a nightmare!! For the fact the restaurant is dead set where all the tourists come to probably dine in after the games at the SoFi the service should have been as if it were in Beverly Hills and I am a Inglewood resident. Lets start off with the fact that my brother took me to Red Lobster for my birthday dinner and I bragged to him about how good the cheese bread would be on top of the meals because this was his first time eating at Red Lobster. So he was excited and I was excited for him.

When the waitress came

She asked what would we like to start off with and I asked for the Grand Patron, she never asked to see my ID and my brother and I joked about this because he thought I was trying to say Im young and needed to be carded. But I know a lot of restaurants that sell alcohol the waiter or waitress is supposed to card who is buying alcohol. Anyway my brother ordered a Pepsi and fried Brussel sprouts. Which he NEVER GOT!

The second time when the waitress came back she asked if we were ready to order. So my brother and I ordered the endless shrimp. The 3rd time the waitress came around I asked her for my Grand Patron and tried to show her my ID again. She walked away and remembered that my brother ordered a Pepsi.

The 4th time the waitress came around she brought my Grand Patron and gave it to my brother not me who ordered it. She never brought the Pepsi or brussel sprouts. Mind you all the times the waitress came to us we waited on her and never called her to us because we couldnt find her. We seen all the other employees and manager having a make shift meeting at the front desk where you come in and wait to be seated.

Okay the 5th time the waitress came she brought our first order of endless shrimp and asked us what our refills would be for round 2 of the shrimp. We told her, and because my first order I ordered the pasta shrimp I asked her for utensils and once again my brother asked for his Pepsi. I never got my utensils so I went in my purse and remembered I had a spork. Not only that the cheese bread was burnt, we never received napkins.

The fact that my brother and I had to use my rose water wipes that I use for my butt. Was not cool but I thank God I came prepared.! My pasta was stale, the only thing my brother and I enjoyed was the dragon shrimp and the shrimp scampi. I felt bad my brother didnt have anything to drink so I offered him the apple and orange slice that came with my Patron.

My brother does not drink alcohol. He just wanted his Pepsi his throat was dry sheesh!! We seen the manager just talking and running her mouth I asked her if she could get his Pepsi. It took her 5 minutes to come back with my brother Pepsi in a Togo container.

The manager asked had the waitress come back with our shrimp refills and I told her no and the fact I had to use my rose water wipes she laughed and joked about it. The waitress finally came back as we were asking for the check and asked if we wanted our 2nd round of shrimp to go. It took her 10 minutes to come back with the check, still paying the whole bill the manager asked to give us a $4 discount. My brother still tipped the girl and we only got 2 of our 3 shrimp refills on the 2nd order of shrimp.

We were over it by then and just left! Just as long as this story is and took for me to write while Im at work. Is how bad of an experience we had last night. The manager and all of her employees were tacky and unprofessional at the highest degree.

The reason my brother still tipped the waitress is because she is a young black sister trying to get by and the reason she probably was all distressed was because of her boss. It was just too much wrong with last night.

The bill

was $81. Where??!!

Preferred solution: Full refund

User's recommendation: You will be disappointed coming here.

Guest

So you tipped based on her being a "POC"? Did you know the servers have NO CONTROL over how fast food comes out of the kitchen?!

Guest

Who in Beverly Hills goes to Red Lobster. Why are you, an old hag, upset you did not get carded?!

LOL. Pitiful.

View more comments (1)
Rasheedah B Djk

| map-marker Philadelphia, Pennsylvania

Order refund

Red Lobster - Order refund
I place a order for curbside pickup and had to go inside because there were a lot of people. I was told my order was being worked on in that moment and still waited 1 1/2 hours after that. When I got my food some iteams were missing and some were overcooked. This was the worse experience I've had with this establishment.
Austin P Aon

Terrible expierence

Red Lobster - Terrible expierence
Red Lobster - Terrible expierence - Image 2
Red Lobster - Terrible expierence - Image 3
Had a 6:30 reservation on 2/14/2024 for valentines day. They was quick at getting our table however they didn't come take our order until 7:45 and we didn't get food until 8:15 so over hr and half after being seated. Next the food was aweful my girlfriend got a well done steak which was very rare cold still and still had blood in it when u pushed down with a fork. The shrimp in the shrimp Alfredo still had tails all in it. Just a aweful expieremce for how much it cost was not a happy customer at all!!
Loss:
Pros:
  • Waitress was great
Cons:
  • Aweful expience time and food wise

User's recommendation: Don't reccomend

Guest

Imagine going out to eat on Valentine's Day and thinking you are the only one who had that idea.

Brian C Gpb

| map-marker Layton, Utah

Very poor service, and the Contact Us form isn’t working

A couple weekends ago my family and I had the worst dining experience that any of us can remember at the Red Lobster in Layton, UT.

Each year for my birthday my wife takes our family out to dinner at the restaurant of my choice, and I almost always choose Red Lobster.

I dont know what the problem was this time, but it was way out of control.

We had made a reservation for 5:45 PM on February 3, 2024. Admittedly, we arrived five minutes late, at 5:50 PM.

We were told wed have to wait 20 minutes to be seated. It ended up being 30 minutes, which was a little annoying since we had a reservation. However, that delay paled in comparison with how the rest of the evening went.

We received water and biscuits fairly quickly after being seated, but we had to wait about 2025 minutes for the waitress to come back and take our orders. She was very friendly and polite, but we could see she was pretty stressed.

She shared with us that she was new, and was still learning.

The biscuits didnt last long. We had to wait a VERY long time for our meals. The waitress came back periodically to check on us and let us know the kitchen was running behind. We asked if we could get more biscuits while waiting for our meals.

It took quite a while to get more biscuits. Our waitress tried to explain that the kitchen wasnt able to make biscuits fast enough to keep up with the demand, and because she was new, other waiters and waitresses kept snagging the biscuits as they came out and they werent giving her a chance to get some.

We finally received our meals at 8:08 PM 2 hours and 23 minutes after our reservation time (5 of those minutes were our fault for arriving late) roughly 1 hour and 48 minutes after being seated.

By this time our evening was shot. We also noticed that we werent the only people who had grown weary from the long wait.

We saw three groups get up and leave because the wait was too long, and another customer walked back to the kitchen area and started yelling at one of the waiters because of the long wait.

For my meal I had ordered the endless shrimp, but by the time we finally got our meals I had no intention of staying long enough to take advantage of the endless shrimp, so I asked the waitress to change my order to the Shrimp Your Way - Choose Three option, since my first plate had three shrimp options. I was looking forward to trying the new Crispy Sea Salt & Vinegar Shrimp as my fourth selection, but ended up having to miss out on that because of the delay.

I am a Rewards member and had a birthday reward to redeem Choice of Vanilla Bean Cheesecake, Brownie Overboard, or Chocolate Wave.

When we were seated, my wife let the waitress know that we were celebrating my birthday, and that I had a birthday reward to redeem. As we were finishing our meals I had decided that I would request the Chocolate Wave dessert, but I wanted to get it to go because we had been there so long I didnt want to eat it there. However, when the waitress came back she brought back with her a bowl of ice cream for my birthday reward I wasnt given my choice of a birthday dessert.

I was about to say something to the waitress, but I could see from the looks on the faces of my family that they just wanted me to let it go so we could get out of there, so I didnt say anything to the waitress.

On the way home my family pleaded with me to not choose Red Lobster for my birthday dinner next year. I intend to honor their request.

Guest

I wasn't aware Red Lobster had started taking reservations. Call ahead seating yes but did not know they officially do reservations.

RE: cheddar bay biscuits. Customers act like starved wolves over those biscuits. They are good but not that good. I remember my last visit to RL, a table of multiple women of extremely large girth barked at the server to start their order with a box of 20 biscuits to go for each land whale at the table.

Ridiculous. Here is what you should have done: ask for the manager, tell the manager that Sally Sue is new, you understand and appreciate her service and request maybe the manager could help you get more biscuits. As far as the dessert, I can tell you right now the kitchen gave her that ice cream and told her to give you that. That is when you should have declined and said "no, I actually would like X instead and please box to go".

Again, if needed, request the manager.

It really sounds like the kitchen and other servers were bullying that poor girl. As far as the customer who ran into the kitchen to scream at someone, they should have been roundhouse kicked in the face.

reply icon Replying to comment of Guest-2519588

Industry plant. You’re just a shill for Red Lobster. Get it together.

Marcelline Syr

You had a reservation and yet you came late. Not their fault.

Usually people come at least 10 ,minutes before the reservation. Biscuits take time to make. You are old enough to be married act your age. Learn to be more patient.

They were busy. That other customer was not allowed in the kitchen. Where were her parents when she ran into the kitchen?

If she were an adult they should have asked her to leave the kitchen and said if she did not they would call the police. Instead of saying they won't take you to Red Lobster for your birthday meal, they should not take you out at all since you embarrass them with your childish behavior.

View more comments (2)
mark n Obh

| map-marker Philadelphia, Pennsylvania

Because as of now no one from there has returned my phone call

We go ito red lobster for dinner no one was at the desk so we waited for someone to come out we waited about 10 to 15 min and still no one came out there was waitresses waiting on people and saw us standing there but still no one came out to seat us this is really really bad service I mean at least someone should have been standing at the desk for when people come in to see how many seats and even put them on a wait list you can't say it's because they were busy because there was very few people in there

User's recommendation: Do not go there

Guest

Even wait staff have to use the restroom sometimes.

Destiny H Loe

| map-marker Bangor, Michigan

Terrible service on Christmas Day

Red Lobster - Terrible service on Christmas Day

My fiancé and I received gift cards for red lobster on Christmas Eve and decided to order curbside pick up on Christmas Day today. Our pick up time was 2:58 PM I arrived at 3pm.

There are only two to go pick up spots. I called the number and spoke with a host to let them know my name, and that I was in parking spot number two and was told my food would be out shortly. After about 30 minutes a car pulled up in spot number one Next to me and a different Host came outside, greeted that car and then came over and spoke to me. I let them know that I had already spoke to someone and I was still waiting on my food and she said that she would let them know also.

At 4 PM a gentleman in managers Attire brought food out to the vehicle parked next to me and went back inside. Nobody said anything to me that time. At About 10 minutes after four I received a phone call from red lobster asking where I was and if I was going to come pick up my meal because it was supposed to be picked up at 3 oclock. By this time I was furious I have now missed over an hour and a half of time with my family.

Today is Christmas and we no longer want our food because it has been sitting on a counter for over an hour. Fried seafood does not stay fresh long. One of the managers came out and spoke with me along with a server who had our food the server began to argue with me Saying that I did not get my food because I did not come in a red pick up truck because that is what the receipt said, I was supposed to be in when I arrived. On the app, I updated the vehicle to my make and model and color.

It is not my fault or their fault that it did not update however, three people had spoken to me about my order therefore I did not go inside. I did not believe that I needed to the first person I spoke with promptly told me that I could stay in my vehicle. On top of that, I purchased the curbside pick up order Specifically, so that I did not have to go inside. Regardless, I was in one of the only two to go parking spaces and had spoken to multiple different people.

There is no reason I should not have had my food for over an hour and a half. There is no reason it should have been sitting on the counter, and there is no reason that someone should be arguing saying that it is my fault. The general manager did not at any point come speak to me, even though I specifically asked to speak to her. One of the lower managers told me that my money would go back onto my gift cards in a few days and if it didnt that I should call back to figure it out.

I should not have to take care of any of it. It should be taken care of right then and there! Red lobster (bay city) clearly does not care for their customers! 10 out of 10 do not recommend!

We are no longer interested in having the gift cards, we are no longer interested in dealing with the bay city red lobster at all!! Expected more!

Loss:
Pros:
  • Food is great if u visit right location
Cons:
  • Bad service
  • Blame customer

Preferred solution: Full refund

User's recommendation: Don’t go to the bay city red lobster! Drive the extra 30 minutes to any another location!

Sirenity Igq

| map-marker Brooklyn, New York

What are some food from red lobster sat down and the food was improperly cooked or was food from the night before some like that some spaghetti linguine and I complain to the manager and the manager a

Im complaining about the food I think it mustve been some food from the day before or something like that that they put on the plate and gave it to me some shrimp linguine and the noodles was like yellowish and stuff like that and I complain to the young lady that waited on the table which she waited on the table. I told her cause she get the manager she came back with the manager.

The manager spoke to me. He looked at me and I said, so what can you do about the situation And he says well and then I just got a little agitated and I said Im gonna make a complaint and I told him Ill just take the rest of those shrimp the shrimp that I had on the plate she gave it to me in a bag and I walked out. I paid $79 for some food that really wasnt worth eating I didnt even finish it up. I didnt even finish eating the food and I think that deep down inside they was very unprofessional.

The man there should be complaint thats why Im complaining against him because he didnt oversee that he didnt oversee it and say anything about it he just shook his head walked away like nonchalant, and I paid the price.

I didnt want to get into argument over any kind of food in the restaurant because the restaurant was a crowded and I got more Common sense than that. I dont like to do things like that so I figured Ill reach out to you and speak to you about the situation and see what could be done about that.

User's recommendation: Check your food before you order it call the manager for somebody and make them aware that is not properly cooked or some food that they just put on the plate and gave to you and I don’t know what’s going on. I don’t know what I can because that Red Lobster over there in Brooklyn and Gateway mall is one of the worst Red Lobster that ate out of been eating out of Red Lobster for years And this is the first time that I ever got into a situation like this and felt that I should make a complaint and see what someone can do about it because I feel that I was violated disrespected, and I still paid for the meal because I didn’t want to have no big ruckus or nothing like that inside the Restaurant so I figured that I would just go ahead and pay for it and then find the number to make a complaint that’s what I’m making a complaint about right now

Phyllis N Nta

| map-marker Sydney, New South Wales

Decent service,but the cook must have worked asteak. The steak was almost burand the lobster tail was pretty overcooked also. We paid almost $100 and tipped

We tipped the waitress a hefty tip because she was great. This happened Sunday on Mother's Day. I went back instead of going to Outback Steak. I was there on my birthday just last April. The food was so good, I decided to go again for Mother's Day. I wish the cook that cooked my food in April had cooked my meal on Mother's Day. It took a long time for that cook to cook our food. Everyone cannot cook certain foods. We had the expensive lobster dish, and steak. The steak was ordered medium well. It was more like very well done. I would really like to talk with someone. We paid $100 for crap.
Loss:
Pros:
  • Good and cooks
Cons:
  • Bad lobster over cooked foul taste

MaryAnne L Bqn

Our meals were cold and tasteless. Terrible for Mothers Day dinner. Dont think we will go back! Plus we were charged for our salads!

The meals were cold and tasteless. The Mother's Day meals were terrible, plus we were charged for our salads. Would not recommend going back.

User's recommendation: Would NOT recommend

Maranda A Eja
map-marker Houston, Texas

Bad food

Took my mother out for Mother's Day and the food was cold. Will not come back here. I work hard for my money.
Loss:
Pros:
  • Lobster alfredo had no lobster pieces
Cons:
  • Pasta

Angel N Lav

Service and management deliverance is horrible

Visited the restaurant today on Mayfair Road in Milwaukee Wisconsin. I purchased the ultimate endless shrimp ( I was advised this was a buffet meal, but nothing is posted anywhere that explains that.

I wasnt aware the Red Lobster has switched over to buffet style meals). I was extremely disappointed, angry, embarrassed, and the service was horrible. I was told we are not giving you any containers to take anything out of the restaurant ( by the waitress Payton). Not to mention I spoke to the GM Dawayne and his deliverance was worse than Payton.

I was at this same location 2-3 weeks prior and ordered the same meal and was given containers when I finished. Advised Dawayne of this visit as well. He stood and looked at me with a huge smirk on his face as though is there anything else, and he walked off (super rude). The waitress over charged for the meals and continued to argue the point of what the order was as if I didnt now I actually ordered.

I will not patronize this location again. Its sad that many restaurants have lost their customer service skills!

Loss:
Pros:
  • Food is good for the most part
Cons:
  • Service is horrible the majority of the time

Preferred solution: Full refund

User's recommendation: Ask questions prior to order the food due to policy’s not being posted or disclosed on the menu.

Telisha J Ppg

Food order ice cold calm is new way per management

New procedure for red lobster is to serve to go cold Clam chowder with Microwave instructions as of today per management. I ordered 3 bowls of clam chowder and received 3 ice cold bowls of clam chowder And was told that it comes with microwavable instructions. If I wanted cold soup. I would have ordered cold soup. I am ordering pickup and cooking my own food...why am i paying full price?II have to now wait till I get home. Warm my soup up and eat it or stop somewhere else while my soup up and eat it.
Cons:
  • Poor professionalism

User's recommendation: Service hot food

Timika S Anp

Verified Reviewer

Did not receive my full refund

Red Lobster - Did not receive my full refund

Place and curbside order and it was supposed to be ready at 7:22 p.m. I did not leave the store until 8: 10 I believe I did not receive my whole order when I took it back in and told the manager that I would like a refund I've been here too long the cashier that helped me told the manager oh yes we don't have any salmon that's why I didn't put it in there so you just took my money gave me a order for something that you knew that you did not have in the store then they told me that they could not give me a refund until later on tonight because their store was too crowded the manager exact words was because people receive their taxes I don't think that's a reason not to give someone a refund I had to stand in there for another 20 minutes for her to finally decide to give me something to prove that I was due a refund they wanted me to leave out on their word that they would refund me my money my whole order was $40.26 finally I explained to the manager with the help of the other customers that was standing there that that wasn't right I need something to prove that you all owe me something she decided to write on the receipt refund online and gave it to me this morning at work I received an email that they only refunded me $19.49 I did not receive anything I left the bag with the manager they can check the cameras I did not eat anything

Dan E Pps

| map-marker Bloomington, Illinois

Shrimp tails left on shrimp in shrimp fettuccine!

I had to dig the shrimp out of the gooey cheese sauce with my fingers, pull the tails off, wipe the goo off my fingers before I could eat the dish. Waitress told us after we complained about how ridiculous this process was that "it is a cost-cutting move by corporate". Just wait until someone doesn't notice the tails are on and gets a shrimp lodged in their throat.

Preferred solution: Procedure/policy change.

User's recommendation: Be mindful of what you are eating.

Why Trust Reviews on PissedConsumer?

• Professional auto and live moderation
  • 100% user-generated content
  • Equal opportunity and protection
  • Zero tolerance for fake reviews
  • Verified content
  • PissedConsumer is on the Inc. 5000 list

For more information read Blog article