My wife and I live in New Bern and visited Red Lobster in Jacksonville, NC at 6:00pm Friday, May 30, 2014. We have visited this location many times and have been happy with the quality of the food and service in the past. On this visit I ordered The Lobster Feast which was supposed to be 2 cold water lobster tails split, sausage, corn, small red potatoes, etc. for $24.95. When the meal arrived I immediately complained about the very tiny split lobster tails and asked why there were two slices of bread in the pot. The manager, Louis Perez came over later to inquire about my complaint and told me that headquarters told them to decrease the size of the tails to 2 oz. and to use fillers. After tasting part of one of the tails, which was dry and tasteless, I sent the whole order back to the kitchen. I reordered a shrimp dish which was not prepared as well as usual, but I ate part of it for my dinner.

My wife ordered the shrimp linguini and specifically requested that they use a sauce with NO GARLIC. When the dish was served she smelled garlic and asked what sauce was on the dish. She was told that it was a lemon butter blanc. As she ate there were at least 2 dozen cooked chunks of garlic in the half serving she had ordered. When the waitress was asked to check out what the chunks were in the sauce, no answer was ever given. As my wife can not digest garlic we are still dealing with allergy issues and extreme bad breath 18 hours later today.

We paid the bill and left. The waitress was lucky she received any tip at all. What a disappointment!

Company wrote 0 public responses to the review from May 31, 2014.

Comments